Thursday, November 6, 2014

Unhealthy Weight Struggle



Fat slowly picks up residence within your body and takes hard work to get rid of it.  Many people in today’s society struggle with this dilemma and are always looking for ways to get their weight managed. In this piece I would share my personal struggle with weight gain.

 Listen people, I started working in an office type environment from the age of 19 and four years later I realized that I was almost 20 pounds heavier  and unhappy with the way some of my clothes would often fit. I started the gym but unfortunately work and school was my main priority which made it unsuccessful. I sometimes paid for the monthly subscription for the gym and would make it only twice for the month. I found myself at a point where I felt lazy and unmotivated to move forward. Not being able to lose the weight or keep active began to take a toll on my appearance, my health and my mood. 

I would eat unhealthy and mostly rushed dishes, not paying attention to what was going into my body. Then it struck me that I needed to turn it around and make an effort to at least start eating better. I started having balanced meals and I squeezed in walking once per week with my mother on a Savannah near our home. However, my weight remained the same. I was trying but to no avail anything was working. I went on a couple fad diets which only resulted in me gaining more weight because I deprived my body with an extremely low calorie non-nutritious diet.  

There are many reasons that the body gains unwanted weight over a period of time. My reasons were simply because I skipped my most important meal of the day which was breakfast, I ate late at night, and I often took to crash dieting. I would get an idea and start a 10 day diet and when it is over I would lose a few pounds but quickly regain the same amount and more shortly afterwards. 

In my next blog I would provide a personal review on how I jump-started my weight loss and how it works for me. 

Stay tuned!

1 comment: